Current collaboration with Novo Nordisk to develop Oral GLP-1 Analogues and Oral Insulins for Type 2 Diabetes
- December 2010, the Company entered into an exclusive Development and License Agreement with Novo Nordisk to develop and commercialize oral formulations of Novo Nordisk’s insulins using Emisphere’s Eligen® Technology (the “Insulin Agreement”).
- In June 2008 Emisphere and Novo Nordisk entered into an exclusive Development and License Agreement for the development of oral formulations of GLP-1 receptor agonists. GLP-1 is a natural peptide hormone involved in controlling blood sugar levels. Oral semaglutide is now in Phase III trials for diabetes.
- Ten trials enrolling 9,600 patients are planned as part of the Phase III program. As of February 2017 Novo Nordisk has now initiated all 10 Pioneer clinical trials.
- Novo Nordisk is using our Eligen® drug delivery technology in combination with its proprietary GLP-1 receptor agonists and insulins, as well as four other molecules in an effort to develop oral versions of these medicines.
- This extended partnership with Novo Nordisk has the potential to offer significant new solutions to millions of people with diabetes worldwide and it also serves to further validate our Eligen® Technology.
For more information on licensing Eligen B12™ or our proprietary drug delivery technology please click here.